If you’re in the process of creating a wedding registry, you may be wondering what sort of items you’ll actually need in the future, and which gifts you’ll most treasure for years to come. With so many options, it can be tough deciding what to add to your ultimate gift list. You certainly don’t want to fill your metaphorical cart with a bunch of trendy items you’ll want to replace in a year. By mixing practical pieces with unique accessories, you can help to create a one-of-a-kind home that really reflects your style, as a couple, and in a way that will stand the test of time!
Choose Timeless Pieces That Can Transition with You
When it comes to big investments, such as furniture pieces and pricey textiles, why not stick to well-made basics? It’s easy to change up a look with the seasons, or simply as your style changes, with inexpensive accessories like throw pillows, new lamps, etc. if you already have building blocks in neutral or adaptable shades.
That doesn’t mean you have to go with boring items or anything you don’t love. You just might want to make relatively safe and classic design choices when it comes to items you’re likely to keep for many years, and also ones that will have a huge impact on the overall look of your home.
- For instance, opt for a high thread count cotton duvet in white, navy or another neutral shade. And register for the nicest sheets you can find, too, so going to sleep will be truly restful.
- If neutrals aren’t your thing, then opt for colors you have always loved. These are timeless choices for you!
- Simple wooden nightstands can be styled many ways, in the bedroom or in the living room. beside the couch. This makes them versatile pieces you can use now, and also if you move in the future.
- When it comes to kitchen appliances, stick to finishes and colors you’ve always loved, rather than whatever is most trendy now. After all, design trends come and go, but if you choose pieces that speak to your style, you’re more likely to enjoy them for years to come.
- Opting for pieces that serve double-duty is another way to save space, and make each gift count. For instance, that margarita machine might seem super fun, but a high-powered blender can do the same job and much more. A toaster oven can heat your morning bagel and last night’s leftover pizza.
Go Bold with Art and Heirlooms You Love
Once you’ve chosen timeless basics, you can have fun adding accessories and art that help to reflect your personality. Keep in mind that you can also incorporate some of the decorative elements you have collected for the wedding and reception, both to remind you of your beautiful day and to give them new life.
Looking for a Timeless Wedding Venue?
If you are looking for a rustic wedding venue, near Austin, Texas, Texas Old Town could be perfect for you. We offer four unique venue spaces here at Texas Old Town. Call today for more information, at 512.396.1800!