It might not get the same attention as the dress or the cake, but music plays a vital role in contemporary weddings. Music sets the mood, keeps people moving and having a good time, and cues us in to special moments during the ceremony and reception. You may have your heart set on booking your favorite local band rather than opting for a professional DJ. However, you should consider these factors before booking a live band – or any live entertainment – for your wedding.
Should You Go with a Live Band in the First Place?
Having a band play your wedding has a number of pros:
- Live bands create a lot of great energy
- Guests who prefer not to dance will still have a good time watching the live musical performance
- Specialty bands are great for themed weddings, like hiring a swing or ska band for your retro-themed wedding or a country band for your rustic chic wedding
However, there are a few drawbacks to hiring a live band, including:
- Bands usually need much more space than a DJ, so your wedding reception venue will need to have enough room to accommodate the musicians
- Most bands have a smaller repertoire of songs than a DJ
- During a 3-4 hour set, the band will need to take a couple of break during which time you won’t have any music playing (unless you set up an iPod or something similar)
Is a Band in Your Budget?
Live bands are generally more expensive than a DJ and can set you back at least a couple grand (and they can easily go up from there). This could eat up a significant chunk of your overall wedding budget, whereas a professional DJ might be a more budget-friendly option.
About Our Texas Hill Country Wedding and Event Venue:
The natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country and the rustic charm of our four unique venue sites create the perfect wedding or event venue for any budget. We offer the flexibility to choose your own vendors or opt for an all-inclusive package. Conveniently located near Austin, San Marcos, and San Antonio, Texas Old Town is sure to make your wedding, special event, or corporate event something to remember! To schedule a tour of our event venue in Kyle, TX, call our office today at (512) 396-1800 or complete our online contact form.
Stay up to date with Texas Old Town on social media.