Your wedding day should be a reflection of you as a couple and your personalities, so don’t be afraid to break the rules: You don’t need to follow all the conventions of a traditional wedding if that’s not your style. Whether it comes to your wedding gown, your bridesmaids’ looks, your reception decor, or the events of your big day, you have the freedom to customize your celebration so it is a DIY wedding that perfectly reflects the bride and groom.
10 Traditional Wedding Ideas You Don’t Have to Follow
1. The bride wears white: While most brides still opt for white or ivory gowns, it has become commonplace for brides to wear colored gowns down the aisle. Blush wedding gowns have been particularly popular. Top designer Vera Wang even did a collection of all black wedding dresses. Anything goes if it’s your dream dress.
2. Bridesmaids are female and groomsman are male: A bride’s male best friend can be part of the bridal party, and likewise, a female best friend of the groom can stand beside him along with the groomsmen.
3. The bride walks down the aisle to Wagner’s “Bridal Chorus”: Make your entrance to any song that is special to you.
4. The father walks the bride down the aisle: Some brides prefer both parents to walk them down the aisle or to make the walk alone.
5. You have to do the bouquet and garter tosses: If you dread these traditions, just skip them!
6. Bridesmaids have to wear matching dresses: The latest trend is to mix it up. Bridesmaids can each wear different silhouettes or a variety of shades.
7. Wedding ceremonies should take place in places of worship: You don’t need to be inside a church to have a religious or sacred ceremony. A Texas hill country wedding backdrop is breathtaking for your I dos.
8. The bride and groom can’t see each other before the ceremony: It’s common now to have a “first look” before your wedding ceremony. This allows more time for photographs and can help relieve nerves.
9. Traditional ceremonies are not personalized: Contrary to what you may think, traditional wedding ceremonies can be personalized with unique touches while still maintaining the sacredness of tradition.
10. Your wedding rings have to match: Does the bride prefer silver and the groom prefers gold? Mix and match for a personalized look.
ABOUT OUR TEXAS HILL COUNTRY WEDDING AND EVENT VENUE:
The natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country and the rustic charm of our four unique venue sites create the perfect wedding or event venue for any budget. We offer the flexibility to choose your own vendors or opt for an all-inclusive package. Conveniently located near Austin, San Marcos, and San Antonio, Texas Old Town is sure to make your wedding, special event, or corporate event something to remember! To schedule a tour of our event venue in Kyle, TX, call our office today at (512) 396-1800 or complete our online contact form.