Have things started to look pretty tight on your wedding budget? Are you worried you’ll have to choose between inviting people or feeding them? Before you start cutting people from the guest list, you should know that wedding favors are a great place to slash dollars. Rather than opting for expensive, monogrammed favors that are likely to end up in the trash, consider what your guests would really enjoy, that won’t break the bank or your budget. Best of all, no one will even notice you didn’t splurge.
Get Creative and Get Help
Homemade wedding favors don’t have to look it. With a little help from your friends and family you can whip up something that will wow guests, while keeping costs low.
- If you have a family member who has become legendary for making some sweet treat, or even hot sauce, enlist her help in creating small samples to gift guests.
- You can find cute packaging at most craft stores, or online, to make the treats feel extra special.
- Limiting portion sizes is a cost-saving measure that also ups the cute factor! Who doesn’t love a mini cupcake, after all?
- Nothing says favors have to be edible, though. Anyone you know with a green thumb? Have them help pot tiny succulents as favors perfect for a spring or summer wedding. Seed packets would be just as fun and useful, but a lot less work.
- Even if you don’t have time for something homemade, you can quickly make a simple storebought item look like something special with some creative packaging. Putting candies into tiny jars with a ribbon, or placing a bit of lace around an inexpensive votive adds flourish to an otherwise forgettable gesture.
Nothing Says You Have to Give Your Guests Some Thing
Many modern brides are foregoing traditional wedding favors altogether, in lieu of experiences that double as the kind of gifts that keep on giving. If you’re planning to set up a photoobooth at your event, let their filmstrips be their favors. The same goes for a candy or popcorn bar. Providing guests with tiny bags or tins to pack their own treats is fun and a favor in one!
ABOUT OUR TEXAS HILL COUNTRY WEDDING AND EVENT VENUE:
The natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country and the rustic charm of our four unique venue sites create the perfect wedding or event venue for any budget. We offer the flexibility to choose your own vendors or opt for an all-inclusive package. Conveniently located near Austin, San Marcos, and San Antonio, Texas Old Town is sure to make your wedding, special event, or corporate event something to remember! To schedule a tour of our event venue in Kyle, TX, call our office today at 512-396-1800 or complete our online contact form.