Every bride wants to find a location that will set the perfect backdrop for her dream wedding. At times that can seem easier said than done, though, especially when cost is a factor. For many brides on a budget, the search for an affordable wedding venue can lead to frustration and disappointment. The good news is that it’s not impossible to find a great venue you can actually afford. As with anything, you just have to know what you’re looking for, and more importantly how to find it.
Consider the Costs
Many brides seek out non-traditional venues in an attempt to save dollars. This can be a great solution, but it can also backfire. If you’re looking at lesser-known or newly-established venues, particularly those not designed for formal events (your aunt’s beautiful backyard), take into consideration the actual cost of choosing the location.
- Will you have to rent chairs, tables, and linens, for instance?
- Will your family have to put in sweat equity, setting up seating the day of the wedding? If so, that should weigh into the cost.
- You’ll also need to make sure you have restroom access for guests, electrical outlets or extension cords if you’ll be lighting an evening wedding, hiring a DJ, etc.
Perks of Established Venues
- Most event and wedding venues will provide seating for little or no additional charge, as well as set-up. Just be sure to ask what is included in the price.
- You’ll also want to know how many hours are included in your fees, both on the day of the wedding and for your rehearsal dinner, if it will also be held at the venue.
- Many venues offer a planner or contact person for the day of the wedding as well, which can be a huge asset to brides, particularly those who cannot afford to hire a designated wedding planner. Ask if there is an expert you can speak with, and if he or she is available to field calls on your wedding day. (Your mom will appreciate it!)
ABOUT OUR TEXAS HILL COUNTRY WEDDING AND EVENT VENUE:
The natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country and the rustic charm of our four unique venue sites create the perfect wedding or event venue for any budget. We offer the flexibility to choose your own vendors or opt for an all-inclusive package. Conveniently located near Austin, San Marcos, and San Antonio, Texas Old Town is sure to make your wedding, special event, or corporate event something to remember! To schedule a tour of our event venue in Kyle, TX, call our office today at 512-396-1800 or complete our online contact form.