Of course you want all your loved ones to be there supporting you on the biggest day of your life, including the littlest ones. But, you probably also want your pint-sized guests to actually enjoy the time they spend at your wedding, not be sulking, or sleeping, in a tiny corner of your reception venue. To make sure your youngest guests do enjoy themselves, you will need to take them into consideration when planning for your big day. The good news is that arranging special accommodations for young guests can actually help everyone have a better time at your wedding!
Incorporate Games Into the Décor
- Whether it’s balloons as reception décor/entertainment, or coloring books set out in lieu of place cards for young guests, there are fun and stylish ways to include items that can help keep kids active and entertained.
- If you’ve chosen a rustic venue, you could even add butcher paper to all the tables, which allows young guests to doodle and friends of all ages to leave congratulations to you spelled out in crayon.
Choose a Few Kid-Friendly Songs and Fare
- If you’re planning an elaborate sit-down meal or a simple buffet, it’s important to provide some kid-friendly options for young guests. Keep in mind many kids’ favorites can be elevated to be age-appropriate and enthusiastically-approved food for all wedding guests.
- Mashed potato or macaroni and cheese bars remain popular with kids of all ages, and make it simple for picky eaters to choose only the toppings they like, while more adventurous foodies can pack more flavor punch into their dishes.
- When planning entertainment, give a nod to young guests. For instance, ask your DJ to play at least a few kid-friendly hits. It doesn’t have to be theme songs for their favorite cartoons, either. Just pick something with a fun beat and age-appropriate lyrics. (Most grandparents will appreciate this too.)
- Springing for a photobooth or even caricaturist can be fun for all guests. Plus they create built-in wedding favors!