Before you and your groom can exchange vows or start a dance party at your reception, your guests will need to arrive. After all, what good is a great big celebration, without your closest loved ones there to share in your excitement? In order to capture their presence, and remember it for years to come, a guestbook goes a long way. Fortunately, couples have never had more options for creating unique and beautiful alternatives to boring old guestbooks. Here are a few of the modern guest book alternatives ones we’re crushing on now!
Unique Ways to Cherish Your Guests’ Presence
If you like the idea of having a guestbook as a record of who attended your wedding, but don’t want to settle for an impersonal lined journal, consider these fun and fresh alternatives:
- Use your engagement photos to create a stunning photo book, with open space for guests to sign. Not only does this make for an awesome coffee table book, but it also gives guests a chance to witness your love story, before your wedding starts!
- You could also have your favorite photo blown up onto a canvas to be signed, or matted (and later framed), with plenty of room for signatures and well wishes.
- For crafty brides, you could also convert an old book – such as a hardbound copy of your favorite novel – or a collection of poetry, into a one-of-a-kind guestbook. (Or, check out sites like Etsy if you would like to find a custom model that has been premade!)
- For brides with more rustic taste, don’t be afraid to skip the book altogether. Small wood slices or even wooden hearts can be purchased at craft stores, signed, and then displayed in a shadow box or large vase.
- A large piece of wood painted with your new name also makes for a great sign in, and art after the wedding.
- Vintage postcards are another fun alternative to traditional guest books, and ones that leave room for guests to leave date ideas or advice, as well.
Finally, if you are planning to set up a photobooth at your wedding, or to leave instant cameras on the tables, create a simple scrapbook where guests can leave copies of their pictures and their congratulations!