Do you want to wed soon, as in next February? If so, now is certainly the best time to start planning your big day. And while we’re not opposed to the occasional Cupid reference, or some other overtly Valentine-inspired wedding decorations, there are also a lot of fun and subtler ways to make nods to everyone’s favorite February holiday. If you could use a little inspiration for planning a classically beautiful, and still a little bit cute, February wedding, consider these fun and festive ideas!
Red and Pink Don’t Have to Feel Like a Grade School Valentine’s Party
If you love the idea of incorporating red and/or pink into your February wedding, but are worried about it looking a little too storebought Valentine’s, don’t worry. There are ways to modernize and even romanticize this timeless color scheme!
For instance, why not…
- Use maroon or a deep burgundy in lieu of candy apple red. Paired with a blush-colored pink, you have a palette that’s more vogue than Valentine’s!
- If you want to use a lot of pink, help it feel grown up by pairing it with rich shades like navy, or even chocolate brown (which is another nice, subtle nod to Valentine’s).
- An easy way to make any color palette feel sophisticated is by pairing it with mixed metals, and lots of texture. Think mercury glass votive holders, and rose gold chargers, or gold silverware with more rustic (even rusted silver) vases. Florals in a mix of pale shades are also beautiful, classic additions to winter weddings.
Fun Links to Everyone’s Favorite February Holiday
For those brides wishing to add more obvious nods to Valentine’s, there are lots of fun and still grown-up ways to decorate.
- Why not use candy conversation hearts as vase fillers, or even sprinkled around the tables like confetti?
- You could also order cupcakes adorned with these candies, or a groom’s cake that is made to look like an oversized heart.
- Chocolate truffles are another timeless Valentine’s tradition. Use individual-sized boxes of chocolates as cute and scrumptious place cards. Or create a whole buffet of candy as a DIY dessert station or near the exit, so people can create their own wedding favors from treat bags!
- For a creative approach to your guest book, why not place vintage Valentine’s (or custom designed ones, purchased from Etsy) for guests to sign and share well wishes?