Whether you grew up in the country and have always dreamed of honoring that heritage with a rustic-themed wedding day, or have only recently become enamored by all things farmhouse-inspired (thanks to Fixer Upper), there have never been more ways to bring romantic, rustic touches to your wedding day! Here at Texas Old Town, we love to see the many unique ways our brides incorporate country chic styling into everything from floral arrangements to their bridal fashion. Best of all, rustic weddings can bring a sense of comfort and casual cool to any wedding day!
Use Wood Elements, Anywhere and Everywhere
From wood printed invitations, to cake stands and candleholders, there are so many fun ways to incorporate wood into your wedding décor. And it is truly the ultimate rustic addition.
- Oversized wooden barrels make great coolers for canned drinks or bottled water, for instance, while small wood boxes or even tool caddies can help corral silverware, straws, etc. Painted pallets make great modern menus; so do old wooden doors. And tree slices make great cakestands! We also love the custom wooden cake toppers we’ve spotted on sites like Etsy. Look for a clean cut design for a modern take, or a cute engraved couple for an added nod to tradition.
- For your ceremony, why not use antique wooden church pews, or mismatched vintage chairs for unique seating arrangements. You can also use painted signs to save seats for close family, or to instruct guests where to head afterwards.
- Pallets or wooden doors make great photo backdrops, photobooths, or even as a DIY custom entryway, for outdoor ceremonies.
- An engraved wooden ring box is another charming touch. Or, handpaint a premade wooden box yourself.
- Old wooden ladders make great photo displays, or spots for candles and flowers. Stacks of old wooden crates can also be used to create stylish vignettes throughout your wedding reception venue.