Your wedding day should be one of the most meaningful and magical days of your life. That said, it can also feel incredibly stressful, especially if you start the day unprepared. While your dress, veil and other essentials are important and surely a huge part of wedding planning, they are not the only things you will want to have come the start of your day. Here are a few of the essentials you will want to keep nearby, so you’re prepared for any minor mishaps that might arise!
An Emergency Kit Is Essential
Here’s an important pro tip: one thing you will want to have close at hand is a so-called emergency kit. This kit will be used to help address any minor snafus that might arise, from a chipped nail to running pantyhose or even running mascara.
You can purchase super cute pre-made kits online, or create your own. A shoebox will do, but a large cosmetic case also fits the bill. Whatever way you choose, just make sure someone keeps it close to you throughout the wedding day, that way you are prepared for last minute touch-ups before pictures, and any other needs.
A few items to include in any essential wedding kit, are:
- Bobby pins, hairspray and ponytail holders
- Oil blotting papers, and/or a neutral-colored powder
- Lipstick or gloss (Your makeup artist can likely leave you with a sample-sized portion for this very purpose.)
- Tweezers, clear nail polish, and a nail file… small nail scissors can also be handy for loose threads, etc.
- Bandaids, and a pain reliever
- Portable snacks, like granola or protein bars, and breath mints, as well as floss or toothpicks
- Stain remover, fashion tape, and Krazy glue
Planning Your Dream Wedding?
Texas Old Town is a unique wedding venue, in that it offers four separate spaces for brides looking to wed near Austin, Texas. To learn more about our Austin area wedding venue, Texas Old Town, call us today, at 512.396.1800!