Want Some DIY Details? Here’s Some Inspiration to Get You Started!
We have seen brides complete a number of projects to make their days unique. From helping to sew table runners and bunting banners, to painting wooden signs and baking up pastries as party favors, the sky is really the limit when it comes to how you can put your creative skills to work to craft a one-of-a-kind celebration!
Don’t be afraid to DIY a few or many of the elements of your wedding as time and talents allow!
- Why not wrap ordinary and inexpensive canning jars, tin cans, or basic glass vases with burlap or another material, ribbon, or even decorative tape? You could also paint or glitter them for a little extra pizazz. You’ll wind up with beautiful containers for all your floral arrangements, DIY or otherwise.
- If you or a loved one is a great seamstress, put your skills to use creating unique table linens, runners, or even bowties for your groomsmen. Sewing your own gives you a much better choice of fabrics, and helps ensure your wedding really stands out!
- Many creative skills can come in handy when it comes to wedding planning. From jewelry making to baking, don’t be afraid to showcase your talents. DIY touches add a unique and personal touch!
- And you don’t have to rely solely on your own talents, either. If friends and family members have offered their assistance, why not put their artistic skills to good use? From helping to bake cupcakes for your dessert buffet, to painting menu boards or a canvas for guests to sign, featuring handiwork made by those you love, can help you create a one-of-a-kind wedding day that is filled with meaningful touches!
- For more inspiration, be sure to check out our photo gallery and blogs. Also, connect with us on Instagram, and Facebook, which are filled with the lovely details created and chosen by our previous brides!
What is a DIY Wedding and Is It Right for You?
Whether to help couples stay within their budget or to allow for a more unique, personal touch to their special day, Do It Yourself (DIY) weddings have become more and more popular in recent years. You see the trend on Pinterest and in wedding magazines all the time, but what exactly does DIY mean, and what does it take to have a DIY wedding?
To some couples, planning a DIY wedding means the bride and groom will make all of the big decisions themselves, without the assistance of a hired wedding planner. To others, DIY means creating as many of the wedding elements – especially the décor – as possible. And to others, a truly DIY wedding means a mix of ensuring your personal touch guides the celebration while still taking advantage of professional expertise! TOT helps you create the day you’ve been dreaming of by providing a beautiful venue and a host of vendor and planning options, with no strings attached!
At TOT, we support your vision for your dream wedding, and that’s why we pride ourselves on providing choices and flexibility. We’ve had countless DIY brides and grooms say, “I do!” at our Texas Hill Country wedding venue over the years. In fact, several of our all-inclusive wedding packages are designed to make a DIY bride’s big day even more special and a lot less stressful!
Our wedding venues provide the perfect backdrop for your style – each one is versatile and visually stunning. From elegant traditional styles to rustic chic ambiances and everything in between, you can tailor the venue of your choice to create a distinctive and memorable wedding that you and your guests will never forget!
Do-It-Yourself, Made Easy!
Here at Texas Old Town, we love when our brides choose DIY details for their weddings. Personalized, hand-crafted touches can help make your celebration truly one-of-a-kind, and they can help ensure you and your fiancé’s personalities shine through in every detail of your big day.
Whatever DIY approach you choose to take in planning your big day, TOT is the right choice for you! We’re dedicated to helping couples realize the wedding of their dreams by offering exceptional value with our ultimate amenities package. The amenities package comes with whichever venue you pick, and is designed to help simplify the process of creating your one-of-a-kind wedding.
- 16-hour rental time: To ensure you have ample time to put her personal touch on your wedding. That’s why our standard amenities package includes 16 hours of rental time (from 8 a.m. to midnight on the day of your event), allowing you and your team plenty of time to set up for your dream celebration.
- Your choice of vendors: Since we allow our Texas Old Town brides to select all of their own vendors (we have plenty of recommendations, though), it’s easy to decide which jobs to hire out and which to tackle yourself to ensure you’re equipped with the best in the business for your big day.
- Unparalleled outdoor ceremonies: When you reserve one of our four uniquely beautiful venues, you will receive a private reception hall and ceremony site. For outdoor ceremonies, our pristine landscape and water features offer a beautiful backdrop to your fabulous wedding that leaves little to be done to make them special. And, your guests will truly get to experience the spectacular views of the Texas hill country, while still being in driving distance of Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, and surrounding cities.
- Ceremony and reception necessities: We also offer the tables and chairs you’ll need for both your ceremony and reception, giving you a great blank slate to decorate as you see fit, and preventing the need to rent furniture. (Our online planning tools can also help you determine what decorations you’ll want to make or buy!)
- Clean-up services: We don’t just make your wedding special; we also make the clean-up easy by including clean-up services in your rental agreement. That way you and your guests can enjoy the celebration and not have to worry about painstakingly cleaning up afterwards.
- Payment options: To help make your DIY or traditional wedding even more successful, we offer custom payment options that fit comfortably into your budget.
Tour Our Texas Hill Country Wedding Venue Today
The natural beauty of the hill country, the rustic charm of our four unique venue sites, a first-class hospitality staff, and personalized payment plans make Texas Old Town the premier Texas Hill Country venue for your wedding, corporate meeting, or special event. With numerous industry awards and more satisfied client reviews than we can count, Texas Old Town is the best Austin Wedding Venue for your special day. To schedule your visit of our Texas Hill Country event venue in Kyle, TX, call our office today at (512) 396-1800 or complete our online contact form.